Dappled Sky understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of all our clients and contacts, so we will only collect and use your personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) legislation in England and existing Data Protection laws.
WHAT DOES THIS POLICY COVER?
This Privacy Information explains how Dappled Sky uses your personal data: how it is collected, held and processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
1. WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
This means, any information about you that would enable you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, account numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
The personal data collected for Dappled Sky is set out in Section 3, below.
2. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Under GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- The right to access the personal data held about you.
- The right to have your personal data changed if any of your personal data that we hold is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to ask for your data to be removed from our records. Please note that there are legal requirements around keeping certain types of data that can not be removed within certain timeframes, but we will notify you if this should be the case.
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to Dappled Sky using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided us with personal data we are using it with your consent or in order to carry out a contract. You can ask for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business.
- In regards to your rights related to automated decision-making and profiling, you can rest assured that we do not use your personal data in this way.
- We do not sell your data.
- We do not share your data without your consent – this includes data such as any quotes, any videos, photographs.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office website
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
3. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DOES DAPPLED SKY COLLECT?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with Dappled Sky ):
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Business name;
- Job title;
- Payment information;
- Order and enquiry history.
- Written Quotes
We mainly collect this data directly from yourself but in some cases we may add to it through information you have made publicly available through sources such as your website and social media.
You are not obligated to provide Dappled Sky with any information or participate in any of the services on offer.
As such, we consider any information we collect directly from you as having been provided voluntarily.
We do not collect or hold sensitive information.
4. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using any personal data. This may be because the data is necessary to complete a contract with you, because you have consented for Dappled Sky to use your personal data, or because Dappled Sky has a legitimate business interests to use it.
Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your account.
- Supplying products to you. Your personal details are required to enter into a contract with you.
- Personalising and tailoring products for you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email and / or post that we believe may be of legitimate interest to you. You can unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link or by contacting Dappled Sky directly.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email or telephone or post with information, news, and offers on our products and services.
You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam.
Dappled Sky will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
The legal bases for which we collect and store your personal information are as follows:
- Legitimate Interest. In most cases Dappled Sky will process your personal information in the legitimate interest of providing you with a sales and marketing service. Dappled Sky will hold, collect and process your personal information so long as it does not infringe nor impact your rights, freedom or interests.
- Contractual obligations. In certain circumstances, Dappled Sky may need your personal information to comply with contractual obligations.
- Legal compliance. Where the law requires us to, Dappled Sky may need to collect, process and disclose your personal information to comply with a statutory or legal requirement.
5. HOW LONG WILL DAPPLED SKY KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in relation to the initial reason(s) which it was first collected. The following factors will be used to determine how long your personal data is kept):
- Likely relevance to you and benefit to you by continuing to be in contact with Dappled Sky.
- Government and regulatory requirements, e.g. HMRC records requirement
6. HOW AND WHERE DOES DAPPLED SKY STORE AND TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Due to business processes such as our online shop and the hosting of our website, we process your data through external third parties, as detailed below in Part 7, that are based outside of the EEA. The following safeguards are applied to such transfers:
We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission has deemed to provide an adequate level of personal data protection. More information is available from the European Commission.
We take appropriate steps to ensure your information is kept secure at all times under our control. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet cannot be guaranteed secure. Whilst we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the websites we use ( WordPress – our website , mailchimp – our newsletter, Etsy – our online shop) ; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will eep your details safe and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We may sometimes contract with the following third parties to supply services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery, and marketing. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some or all of your personal data to complete their contract with us
- Online Shop platform ( currently Etsy) for payment processing
- Paypal for payment processing
- Our Bank for payment processing of cheques, direct payments.
- Parcelforce for delivery
- Royal Mail (post office) for delivery
- Any galleries / shops which may be handling the sale of Dappled Sky artworks
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law, as described above in Part 4.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if Dappled Sky is involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, such as a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
Dappled Sky will never sell your information to third parties or use the information for purposes other than those outlined in this policy.
8. HOW CAN YOU ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
If you want to know what personal data we hold about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). All requests should be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (or use the contact form on the website.)
A cookie is a small file placed onto your device that enables website functions and targeted advertising. Cookies are very commonly used on modern websites, and their aim is to improve user experience by gathering information on how the website is performing.
The DappledSky.com website is powered through WordPress and requires cookies to function properly.
These cookies are used for analytics & research through WordPress, Google analytics, and insights provided through social media platforms we use such as Instagram, Facebook.
These cookies help us to analyse how well the website and our social media posts are performing.
We use this information to improve your experience on the website and engaging with us on social media.
You can control the usage of cookies in your web browser settings.
You can disable cookies completely if you want to, but this could mean that DappledSky.com and your social media may not function properly and cannot offer you the best possible user experience.
We may need to change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if Dappled Sky changes the business in a way that affects personal data protection.
Any changes will be made available on this page of the website.